No, all law violations by children are not handled in juvenile court. If your child commits a violation of law pertaining to the operation of a motor vehicle, other than a felony traffic offense, the charges will be referred to the same court that handles traffic and motor vehicle offenses committed by adults. There are provisions in Florida law that allow the state attorney to transfer certain charges and certain children for prosecution in the criminal courts. A child, joined by his or her parents, has a right to demand to be tried as an adult. Cases also are referred to other programs outside juvenile court for resolution, such as a community arbitration program or a diversion program.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Chat with Us
Live Anytime ! ×

Are you sure you want to quit ?

Yes No

Please wait..
This service is to set up new consultation only. If you are a current client, please call the office directly as the chat service does not have the ability to assist you with your needs.
Please enter a name.

Thank you for chatting with us !

Chat Again