Job Description for a Legal Case Manager
Are you looking to advance your legal career without taking the bar exam? Our busy law firm requires a legal case manager to assist us in managing all elements of case management. Applicants for this position should be highly organized and have prior experience producing legal documents, conducting legal research, and managing case files. In addition, we’d want to speak with you if you are an excellent communicator and a natural self-starter. Please apply immediately!
Responsibilities of a Legal Case Manager
- Assist attorneys with all elements of case administration, such as docketing deadlines, billing, and providing required reminders.
- Manage the legal firm’s caseload, present case summaries/updates, fulfill deadlines, and coordinate amongst attorneys, personnel, and outside vendors.
- In compliance with the law firm’s policies, organize and manage all case files and engagement information, whether electronic or paper.
- Prepare legal paperwork for evaluation by an attorney.
- Examine legal documents for compliance with all legal standards.
- Consult with lawyers and make recommendations for the most cost- and time-effective approaches to achieve the client’s objectives.
- As needed, update clients and outside counsel on the status of the case.
Legal Case Manager Qualifications
- High school graduation is required; a two-year degree or paralegal certification can suffice, but a bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Previous case management experience is required, preferably as a family law case manager or in related jobs such as paralegal, legal secretary, or legal assistant at a law firm, non-profit, or human services agency.
- Word processing, spreadsheet presentation, and case management software are all skills you should have.
- Self-starter with the ability to efficiently manage numerous topics at once.
- Have excellent organizational skills and superb written and oral communication abilities.