It is possible that your Juvenile child may go to an adult jail.

Your juvenile child will only go to an adult jail if he/she has been convicted of a crime as an adult or if it is the first time he/she is being transferred to adult court. If your child goes to an adult jail, he/she will have to be separated from adult inmates by sound and sight.

Department of Juvenile Justice

Pending a court hearing, your child might have to go to detention care.  A Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) probation officer will assess if detention is required based on the specifics of the case. Detention covers nonsecure detention (supervision by the DJJ in a residential facility that is nonrestrictive), secure detention (a DJJ detention facility with physical restriction), or home detention (DJJ supervision at home). All reasonable efforts are made to notify you if your child is being detained. A child cannot be detained for more than 24 hours without a judge hearing the case to determine if further detention is required. When a child goes into detention, a trial (adjudicatory hearing) has to begin in 21 days or fewer.

If you are asking these questions, then you need to be talking to an attorney, attorneys that understand the juvenile criminal justice system.  Please contact Brandon Legal Group immediately.  Your initial consultation is always free.

Close Popup

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Close Popup